maria-docs team mailing list archive

Questions About Lifetime Cycles of MariaDB for Ubuntu

Hello Everyone,

i found an unclear information in the MariaDB Documentation. I hope this is
the right way to help getting it improved.

On the Download Site for Ubuntu 18.04 and MariaDB 10.1. Link
https://downloads.mariadb.org/mariadb/repositories/#version=10.1&distro=Ubuntu&distro_release=bionic--ubuntu_bionic

The Website says:
Ubuntu includes MariaDB 10.1 in its main repositories, so for general use
of MariaDB 10.1 we recommend using the Ubuntu provided MariaDB 10.1
packages for general use.

But in the  Packages List of Ubuntu it is stated as universe, not Main.
That means no official support from Ubuntu/Canonical.

https://packages.ubuntu.com/bionic/mariadb-server-10.1

For me the Question is what is the guaranteed support life time of MariaDB
10.1 in Ubuntu 18.04?

--
Carsten Bohuslav
Metalpinguin@xxxxxxxxx