me-tv-development team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #63757]: Me-Tv cannot create a channels.conf file, not detecting channels.

Question #63757 on Me TV changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/me-tv/+question/63757

MeTvFan requested for more information:
Hi.

First the scan, make sure you have dvb-utils or dvb-apps.
$ scan /usr/share/dvb/atsc/us-ATSC-center-frequencies-8VSB | tee channels.conf
Please note the file location will be different if you use Ubuntu.  Also you will need to scan with several files in order to see which one outputs the most channels or you can call your cable company to ask them what kind of system they have, IRC,HRC etc.  Ignore the ATSC file, thats for digital over the air transmission and I bet you already know NTSC is analog.

Next I see you split the cable yourself.  If you have a poor quality
splitter that may introduce problems, remember that splitters often have
a line loss of 2.5 db or more.  I would suggest calling your cable
company to check with them about your splitter.

Regarding TVTime, you said "xvoutput: No XVIDEO port found which supports YUY2 images".  I have an Nvidia 8800GT card and unless I install the binary driver I do not have any xv port.  You have ATI, have you tried the free drivers and the binary driver?
"*** For some ATI cards, this feature may be found in the experimental
*** GATOS drivers: http://gatos.souceforge.net/";

What kernel is Ubuntu Hardy?  Have you emailed pcHDTV to see if the
Hardy kernel is compatible.

What version of Me-TV are you using?

--
You received this question notification because you are a member of Me
TV Development, which is an answer contact for Me TV.