me-tv-development team mailing list archive

[Question #69785]: Not switching frontend with HVR4000 + scan file

New question #69785 on Me TV:
https://answers.launchpad.net/me-tv/+question/69785

Hi
I installed Me Tv 0.8.7 in Ubuntu Jaunty that I have discovering for a week now ;-))

I installed card Hauppauge HVR4000 following this howto http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV-HVR-4000#Overview.2FFeatures and got the DVB S and DVB T installed and recognised in Kaffeine. For the Analog, I managed to get video but no sound (but I do not care about this and Me TV is only for DVB). The FM radio worked using simple console command.

So in Me TV, I got Conexant CX24116/CX24118 /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0 and ConexantCX22702 DVB-T /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend1.
Whenever I wanted to switch to DVB T, I would get the other chip in scan file/wizard and therefore no chance to scan anything. After some research, I thought about starting Me Tv in console forcing frontend1 detection and finally was able to upload a channels.conf that worked ;-)) So finally I found solution by myself but I still do have a few questions :

1. What is this scan file ? Is it the fw file or one of the CX22702.h or .o etc... ?
2. When will the scanning function be implemented ?
3. LIRC integration ?

Many thanks for your soft, I think is the best among many.... Keep up....

My config is AMD Athlon64 ATI radeon HD3850 Creative Labs XFi...

I am looking for your answers. Cheers

--
You received this question notification because you are a member of Me
TV Development, which is an answer contact for Me TV.