me-tv-development team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #73541]: removed features (autosurf, search)

Question #73541 on Me TV changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/me-tv/+question/73541

Michael Lamothe proposed the following answer:
That's a good question, I never really explained this.  There are a few
reasons why these features were removed:

1. My wife uses a mouse exclusively on the media centre, she never used the EPG search, even though she requested it.
2. My wife never seemed to use the Auto surf feature.  I liked the idea but I'm not sure that it was refined enough to be really useful i.e there was no guarantee that that the current EPG events were parsed on any given channel.

Mostly, it comes down to testing.  If no one is reporting issues with it
and I notice bugs then I figure that no one is using the feature.
Ubuntu only has 380 users, I'm not sure that there's a big enough user
base to warrant such specific features.

All that said, this is a real open source project, and I'm just one guy
trying to scratch my own itch.  If anyone is interested in implementing
these features them I'm more than happy to incorporate them.  The old
code is available for you to peruse.

Thanks,

Michael

--
You received this question notification because you are a member of Me
TV Development, which is an answer contact for Me TV.