medibuntu-maintainers team mailing list archive

[Question #107745]: aptitude error (will no longer open)

New question #107745 on Medibuntu:
https://answers.launchpad.net/medibuntu/+question/107745

System: Ubuntu 9.10

I used the following tutorials to add DVD support for ubuntu.

http://shibuvarkala.blogspot.com/2009/10/how-to-make-ubnutu-910-karmic-koala.html

http://shibuvarkala.blogspot.com/2009/10/how-to-play-dvd-in-ubuntu-910-karmic.html

which everything went fine as far as I could tell, I mean, DVDs play on my machine now just fine.
=======
But since then this is the error aptitude reports:
Could not initialize the package information
An unresolvable problem occurred while initializing the package information.
Please report this bug against the 'update-manager' package and include the following error message:
'E:Opening /etc/apt/sources.list.d/medibuntu.list - ifstream::ifstream (13: Permission denied), E:The list of sources could not be read.'
======

and then aptitude just closes when I click to close the error message.

this is the file in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/medibuntu.list
=====
## Please report any bug on https://bugs.launchpad.net/medibuntu/
deb http://packages.medibuntu.org/ karmic free non-free #Medibuntu - Ubuntu 9.10 "karmic koala"
#deb-src http://packages.medibuntu.org/ karmic free non-free #Medibuntu (source) - Ubuntu 9.10 "karmic koala"
=====

I'm not sure what the problem is... or if this is common.

Medibuntu Packaging Team, which is an answer contact for Medibuntu.