medibuntu-maintainers team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #151496]: Why don't you add "ffmpeg-mt" and "mplayer" latest SVN to Medibuntu?

Question #151496 on Medibuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/medibuntu/+question/151496

Gauvain Pocentek proposed the following answer:
We stick to Ubuntu versions and packages because we simply don't have
the resources to properly maintain our own packages.

ffmpeg and mplayer packages in medibuntu only enable a few features that
can't be included in ubuntu and we will most likely keep it that way.
mplayer and ffmpeg are large applications, not easy to maintain.

Medibuntu Packaging Team, which is an answer contact for Medibuntu.