Re: Bi-directional payment channels

sorry, i wasnt clear and im probably still missing something glaringly
obvious with this. The return transaction would be similar to the locktimed
refund talked about in [1] where there is a nonce/challenge of
e2=H(L||kI2*G+kA2*G) for a locktimed refund. If a payment channel has a
return transaction with a similar challenge at locktime L, a payment
channel tx with a locktime at L-1, then a new return transaction with L-2
would surely make the payment channel tx now redundant ? Do you know where
Im going wrong with this thinking ?

[1] https://lists.launchpad.net/mimblewimble/msg00047.html