Re: Bi-directional payment channels

Ah, ok. So you can do this, but

(a) This makes the channels only reducable a small finite number of times
    (and to get more times, you have to lock coins for longer, which is a
    tradeoff)

(b) You can't just reduce by 1 because of the risk of missing blocks or
    miner collusion, you have to reduce by enough that the "L-1" transaction
    can be assured to get in before the "L" transaction becomes valid.

Cheers
Andrew

--
Andrew Poelstra
Mathematics Department, Blockstream
Email: apoelstra at wpsoftware.net
Web:   https://www.wpsoftware.net/andrew

"A goose alone, I suppose, can know the loneliness of geese
 who can never find their peace,
 whether north or south or west or east"
       --Joanna Newsom