Re: On block rewards

Have you thought about a "Budget Proposal" mechanism like Dash uses?

"Dash’s development funding model revolves around setting aside 10% of the
block reward to fund various projects. Unlike various other built-in
development funding models, Dash’s development team does not have any funds
guaranteed, but must submit a proposal (or several proposals) each month to
be voted on by the masternode network. This provides incentives to ensure
that the network approves of the work of the Core team."

Of course in that case it would be necessary to include the concept of
"masternodes". I personally like that model. At the same time that helps
with forks since the coin stakeholders (the masternodes) decide when to
apply some update which helps preventing hard forks.

Cheers