Why using rust as language?

Hi,

I'm very interested in your project since it solves very important problems
in current cryptocurrencies out there.

I would like to collaborate and help you with the coding but I realized
that the language used is Rust and not something more "standard" as C/C++.
Was reading about Rust and saw that it's similar than C++ but designed for
better memory safety.

Just wondering why are you using Rust since I think it creates a barrier
for a lot of developers interested in the project but not familiarized with
something like Rust.

Actually, this article explains very well what I want to say with the
language election:
https://www.viva64.com/en/b/0324/

Anyway thank you very much for the time you all put in this project.

Cheers

Follow ups