Re: Less technical intro: Grin for bitcoiners

On Tue, Oct 17, 2017 at 9:42 AM, Alberto Garcia <agarciaillera@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> That means that to account and prove ownership
> of your money you should keep a set of private keys. Am I correct? If I am,
> is there a way to simplify the user the "trouble" of having so many keys?

Yes, your wallet will normally store your private keys, which should
all be derivable from a master seed as in HD wallets.

> - Second one is related with privacy. Since one of the main pillars of the
> MimbleWimble concept is that users not involved in a transaction will not
> know what is the amount transacted I find confusing the "Putting it
> together" point
> (https://github.com/ignopeverell/grin/blob/master/doc/intro.md#putting-it-all-together).
> I say so since it affirms that a transaction includes the fee in clear. If
> the fee value is (as it should be) in a directly proportional relationship
> with the transacted amount

No, the fee should be unrelated to the private transaction amount.
Just as in bitcoin, it should depend on resource usage (number of
inputs and number of outputs), and confirmation urgency.

regards,
-John