From: Oğuz Yarımtepe <oguzyarimtepe@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:oguzyarimtepe@xxxxxxxxx>>
Date: Friday, August 21, 2015 at 7:25 AM
To: Microsoft Office User <craig.bryant@xxxxxx<mailto:craig.bryant@xxxxxx>>
Cc: Tim Kuhlman <tim.kuhlman@xxxxxx<mailto:tim.kuhlman@xxxxxx>>, "monasca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:monasca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>" <monasca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:monasca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
Subject: Re: [Monasca] question about monasca-agent installation

Hi,

I removed the times part and it worked as expected. Is there a possibility to lower the default 60 seconds evaluation period?

On Fri, Aug 21, 2015 at 4:12 PM, Bryant, Craig W (HP Cloud Service) <craig.bryant@xxxxxx<mailto:craig.bryant@xxxxxx>> wrote:
The alarm expression “ avg(cpu.user_perc) > 5 times 2” requires that the threshold value be exceeded for at least two minutes before the alarm goes to the ALARM state. The default period is 60 seconds and the “times 2” means two 60 second periods. How long does it take for it to change? It should be between two and three minutes given that expression.

Craig Bryant
HPCloud Monasca