mosquitto-dev team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #110463]: Max connections

Question #110463 on mosquitto changed:
https://answers.edge.launchpad.net/mosquitto/+question/110463

Roger Light requested for more information:
Hi Cyril, thanks for getting in touch.

There is no max_connections parameter at the moment. It'll definitely be
there in the future - I aim to replicate all of the options that are
available in the IBM broker, rsmb.

Can you share any of the details of the kind of connections you're
attempting? The kind of things I mean are the number of subscriptions
per client, whether all clients are subscribing on the same topics, the
number of messages per second, the size of message and anything else you
think is relevant. I'm definitely interested in pushing that number up!

Could you also give me a better idea of what you mean by "handle"? Does
client number 61 not get a connection or does performance simply
degrade?

Mosquitto Dev, which is an answer contact for mosquitto.