mosquitto-dev team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #110463]: Max connections

Question #110463 on mosquitto changed:
https://answers.edge.launchpad.net/mosquitto/+question/110463

Cyril Cauchois gave more information on the question:
Hello,

  My tests are really simple.
  I launch the mosquitto server (win32 binaries out of the box) on my PC.
  And then I start a small java application built with the wmqtt library (provided by IBM).
  This application does a simple loop like that :

                   for (int i=0; i < maxClient; i++) {

			System.out.println("connecting client #"+i);
			try {
				clients[currentClient] = connectToBroker(hostname, port, prefixClient+currentClient);
				clients[currentClient].subscribe(topics, qos);
				Thread.sleep(sleepTime);
				currentClient++;
			} catch (MqttException e) {
				e.printStackTrace();
				break;
			} catch (InterruptedException e) {
				e.printStackTrace();
			}

		}

  So ; just a connection and a suscribtion (only 1 topic). The connect
method is like that :

	public static IMqttClient connectToBroker(String hostname, int port, String clientId) throws MqttException {

		final String mqttConnSpec = "tcp://" + hostname + "@" + port;
		IMqttClient mqttClient = MqttClient.createMqttClient(mqttConnSpec, null);
		mqttClient.connect(clientId, true, (short)60);

		return mqttClient;

	}

 The loop stops at connection #60 ; the server never respond to the connection.
  I made the same test with rsmb under Linux (fedora), and the loop stops at connection #1020 (that might be a Linux issue)

Regards

Mosquitto Dev, which is an answer contact for mosquitto.