mosquitto-dev team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #121930]: How many clients can be supported?

Question #121930 on mosquitto changed:
https://answers.edge.launchpad.net/mosquitto/+question/121930

Derek Lee-Wo is still having a problem:
Ok, so 64K would be the theoretical max.

With regards to the performance, for *my* scenario, even if I have
50,000 clients connected, most would actually be idle.  I don't expect
any single client to get more than 4-5 msgs per day and at most, we'd
have 2 clients subscribing to any given topic.

So over the course of a day, mosquitto would only have to deliver 5-10
msgs/sec.

Have you by chance done any tests to at least see how many msgs you can
deliver each sec?

Mosquitto Dev, which is an answer contact for mosquitto.