mosquitto-dev team mailing list archive

[Question #123594]: MQTT CONNECT - bit stream sample

New question #123594 on mosquitto:
https://answers.launchpad.net/mosquitto/+question/123594

Would you have a file with the correct MQTT CONNECT message that I can read in a Hex viewer ? I am trying to understand the specification better.

I am trying to build a MQTT CONNECT message stream 'by hand'. I want to pass it to the socket program (see example, below) on my Linux laptop that would direct it to mosquitto that is running on my laptop. I have read the protocol specification and I think, I follow it well. But, the connection does not happen.

socket -v localhost 1883 0< file_with_connect_string

Mosquitto Dev, which is an answer contact for mosquitto.