Re: Build up a MQTT server with about 20, 000+ subscribers

i just implemented a database storing on server side, here is how i did it:

1. setup a broker(server), let's call it S,

2. Then build a client (call it A) using any server side language you like (i used python, you can try with C or PHP), Roger's source code package has a complete Python client implementation you can subclass from. In this client A, you can subscribe all kinds of topics you want to record in a database (I assume you know how to do that).

3. In the on_message method of A,  you need to add a republish step after you strong the data in db. You may need to modify the topic text a bit to avoid circular bounce back . If you don't do that but republish the message with same topic, the client A will get it again and keep storing and republishing the message over and over again. (obviously i made this stupid mistake, hah)

3. Then from the local client B..., you can publish any topics to S, S will send it to A, A will store it in db and republish it (with modified topic), then B/C/D/E/F… will receive it if they subscribed the topic.

note: S and A can be running on same server, they can also be separated, it's your decision. for dev environment, you can definitely put S, A and DB on one machine.

I may open source my implementation of these simple structure when it gets robust enough.

-horace