From: mosquitto-users-bounces+michael.frisch=nuance.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:mosquitto-users-bounces+michael.frisch=nuance.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Sharon Ben-Asher
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 5:17 AM
To: Joe Zhu; mosquitto-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Mosquitto-users] Build up a MQTT server with about 20, 000+ subscribers

Hi Joe,

We are investigating MQTT and mosquitto for the same purpose (push notifications for Android)
As I said earlier. I was able to achieve 100K concurrent connections to one broker installed on medium sized AWS EC2 instance.
However, for the purpose of benchmark, I used the most basic scenario: QoS 0 only, no persistence, no SSL/encryption.
I imagine that if you add those features, the number will go down.
I will test with SSL connection in the upcoming days and will report my findings.
I also had to tweak the OS configuration (Ubuntu 12.04) to support such high number of TCP connections.  If needed, I will share the settings I used.
I also found a working way to connect from Eclipse Paho to mosquitto using SSL and server and client authentication.  I will publish this as git gist shortly.

For any more info, will be glad to help.

Sharon.