Re: broker detection

Hi,

On Sat, Dec 8, 2012 at 10:41 PM, Matthew Smollinger
<m.smollinger@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> You could implement something like Bonjour discovery

> Mosquitto doesn't support this type of discovery anyway to the best of
> my knowledge.

As Matt says, mosquitto doesn't support this directly at the moment.
I've got a branch on my development computer provides basic support,
but only for Linux. I'd want to have cross platform support before
releasing.

You can manage this manually though. If you use the avahi config file
linked on this bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/mosquitto/+bug/902916
avahi will advertise the broker, assuming you're using port 1883. It
should be placed in /etc/avahi/services/ as I remember.

Cheers,

Roger