Python-based example not working any more

I'm preparing a very simple demo for clients, starting from this example that links Twitter streams to MQTT messages:

https://github.com/knolleary/twitter-to-mqtt

While doing tests I had the bad idea of upgrading the entire Mosquitto library and applications and the Python script here stopped working... I'm just trying to post here in case anyone else experienced similar problem. The problem is: I have no idea of the Mosquitto version that made the example work! Could have been 1.0.2 but this is not sure. Now it's 1.0.5 and the result is: this Twitter/Python example is not able to connect to the same broker (the broker being 1.0.5 since the origin). No connection without any error and without waiting to timeouts (less than a second).

I tested a few other Python examples and all of them are still working, must be the implementation inside "twitter-to-mqtt.py" but can't understand what's wrong.

Thanks for giving ideas!

  Stefano Costa, R&D Manager
  M +39 335 6565749
  Skype stefanocosta.bluewind