maximum of simultaneous connections on a mosquitto broker

Hello all,

In the thread https://lists.launchpad.net/mosquitto-users/msg00107.html is
it mentioned that is should be poosilbe to connect 200k devices on the
broker.
I find this very high since the broker is single threaded and use the
poll() api which is of order O(n).
Is it possible to tell me how you did this test ?  How do you have to
configure the EC2 instance so that we can handle  200K connections?
Are all the clients simultaneous  connected to the broker  and what is the
rate of the messages ?  How many subscriptions to you have?

Regards,
Chris

Follow ups