Listener / mount points and auth user

Same topic here:
https://lists.launchpad.net/mosquitto-users/msg00271.html

(sorry can't understand how to continue discussion on an existing topic on the web...)

Roger wrote:
"
It's an interesting idea, feel free to submit it as a bug report. You
can already achieve it to a limited degree by using a mount point on a
listener that doesn't allow anonymous connections.

As far as I understand, defining a mount point related to a listener will add a check: "user uid will only send/receive messages starting with /cl/uid"; my aim is at reducing traffic and using simple setups, where authentication is also a way for distributing messages across different topic hierarchies.

Is this possible with an ACL plugin? I guess not because the plugin is not dealing with topics...

Thanks

--
   Stefano Costa, R&D Manager
   M +39 335 6565749