Re: Listener / mount points and auth user

On Sun, Sep 8, 2013 at 9:43 AM, Stefano Costa <stefano.costa@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Same topic here:
> https://lists.launchpad.net/mosquitto-users/msg00271.html

> As far as I understand, defining a mount point related to a listener will
> add a check: "user uid will only send/receive messages starting with
> /cl/uid"

Yes, but it also changes the topic that the client sees. In your
example they do not see the /cl/uid part of the topic. If they publish
to foo, it is handled on the broker as /cl/uid/foo.

> my aim is at reducing traffic and using simple setups, where
> authentication is also a way for distributing messages across different
> topic hierarchies.
>
> Is this possible with an ACL plugin? I guess not because the plugin is not
> dealing with topics...

I'm not entirely sure what you're asking here I'm afraid! :) At the
moment ACL plugins tell the broker whether a particular client is
allowed access to read/write to a particular topic. It can't modify
the topic.

Cheers,

Roger