Mosquitto Bridge Configuration Question

I am trying to configure two mosquitto brokers to use bridges in the
following way:
I want a 'master' broker and several 'site' brokers.

I want the site brokers to be configured as follows: The site broker will
suscribe to the topic <SITE-ID>/# on the master broker and map all incoming
messages to the local topic #. So a message published to <SITE-ID>/test on
the master will be published to the topic "test" on the site broker.

For outgoing messages I want anything published to a topic on the site
broker to be published to the same topic on the master broker

Bridge config that doesnt work"
connection test
address <IP-ADDRESS-OF-MASTER>
cleansession true
topic # out 0
topic # in 0 "" <SITE-ID>/

Note that the almost identical configuration on RSMB works:

connection test
address <IP-ADDRESS-OF-MASTER>
cleansession true
topic # out