Re: Bridging

Hey Andy,

  What version of mosquitto are you running unless you are compiling from
the latest trunk I do not think it is possible and even if you are maybe
not. I posted a very similar question to the mailing list a while back,
here is that correspondence:

*My question:*

I am trying to configure two mosquitto brokers to use bridges in the
following way:
I want a 'master' broker and several 'site' brokers.

I want the site brokers to be configured as follows: The site broker will
suscribe to the topic <SITE-ID>/# on the master broker and map all incoming
messages to the local topic #. So a message published to <SITE-ID>/test on
the master will be published to the topic "test" on the site broker.

For outgoing messages I want anything published to a topic on the site
broker to be published to the same topic on the master broker

Bridge config that doesnt work"
connection test
address <IP-ADDRESS-OF-MASTER>
cleansession true
topic # out 0
topic # in 0 "" <SITE-ID>/

Note that the almost identical configuration on RSMB works:

connection test
address <IP-ADDRESS-OF-MASTER>
cleansession true
topic # out
topic # in  "" <SITE-ID>/

*Response:*
Hi Erik,

After our conversation on irc last night I ended up coming up with
part of the solution in a doze this morning:
https://bitbucket.org/oojah/mosquitto/commits/987fd56b34b876333da2de793523adbe83810fe2

It doesn't fix the whole problem generally, but should work for your case.

Cheers,

Roger