Re: Multiple brokers, persistence, and db backup

Hi John,

> 1) I am currently testing a setup where a broker would bridge to 1 or more
> brokers so that similar messages are funneled into one place.  This makes it
> easy as a mqtt client would only need to be aware of one broker for those
> similar topics.  Is there a limit to how many brokers you can bridge to at
> the same time? Any advice/gotchas to be aware of?

There is no inherent limit, but you have to be careful how the topics
are mapped between brokers so that you avoid loops.

> 2) Is it possible for mosquitto to use all of the available RAM on a
> machine, or is it capped at a certain limit?

There is no global resource limit at the moment.

> 3) How long does it take to save the in-memory database to disk If you have
> a large amount of subscriptions (100k+) and messages?

You'd have to check that on your particular system.

> 4) If you had a broker running on a server that crashed and you had a backup
> of the database file, would there be any problems copying it over to a new
> server and starting a new broker with the database file?

The only time there would be a problem is if the two machines didn't
have the same endianness.

Cheers,

Roger