mqtt-users team mailing list archive

Re: Mosquitto not recognizing to messages coming from Arduino

Hi Brian,

> I wonder would you consider updating the install program for the mosquitto
> package so that it configures iptables if it is installed on the machine (as
> it will often be).

I'll have to look into the distro policies about whether this is
appropriate or not. If it's expected that network daemons update the
firewall rules, I'll consider it. You can see that automatically
updating firewall rules might be controversial though.

> When I  did a bit more debugging I found to my surprise
> that mosquitto is using UDP port 17500 as well as TCP port 1883

Not as surprised as I am! :) There's no way mosquitto should be
opening any UDP ports and I don't see any evidence of it on the
instances I have running at the moment either. Can I ask how you came
to that conclusion?

Cheers,

Roger