mqtt-users team mailing list archive

Re: Mosquitto not recognizing to messages coming from Arduino

I am not familiar with the distribution policy with regard to adjusting
iptables rules, but I agree you would need to be consistent with them.

>Not as surprised as I am! :) There's no way mosquitto should be
>opening any UDP ports and I don't see any evidence of it on the
>instances I have running at the moment either. Can I ask how you came
>to that conclusion?
I came to this conclusion by placing a wireshark trace on traffic between
the two nodes while exchanging MQTT messages. I confirmed this conclusion by
seeing that when I used the default (for inside IBM) policy of dropping
traffic from this udp port the MQTT messages did not get through, while if I
changed the rules to accept udp packets from this port the PQTT messages got
through.

Regards,
             Brian
http://www.brianodonovan.ie