mqtt-users team mailing list archive

Re: 0.15 vs 0.16

...an update about the problem already described, it may be possible that I'm missing something but it may be also possible that this is useful to someone else. It seems now that no relation exist with using mixed 0.15 / 0.16 libraries.

I'm using several brokers in my network, both on private internal LAN and (one) exposed server on DMZ port of our firewall. During my tests the most common setup is:

- one broker (0.15) is configured with four different bridges, all of them are for "#" topic and "both" directions
- the bridges are directed to three local brokers and one public broker
- the other four brokers (mix 0.15 / 0.16) have no other bridge configured
- we often switch off/on the connected brokers

Until yesterday everything was working fine, messages delivered and dispatched as expected, no replication or missed message.

This morning:
- if I configure the "central" broker with one bridge to one local broker, all messages published on one of the two brokers get duplicated - if I configure the "central" broker with one bridge to another local broker, all messages published on one of the two brokers are repeated as an infinite loop

Of course I already tested many other combinations of bridges between the other brokers and everything works. It seems to me that some networking-related bit of configuration on this machine is messing things! I rebooted several times and also uninstalled and re-installed again mosquitto (Ubuntu based), no way... before I throw away the server and install it again from scratch, anything I can debug here??

Roger Light ha scritto:
Could you try setting "try_private" to false in the bridge
configuration on the 0.16 broker?

Cheers,

Roger

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 2:00 PM, stefano costa