Re: [Ayatana] Fwd: Things I have noticed

Steve Dodier wrote:
Mark, do you mind explaining what you mean with an "halfway line" ? Does it mean the notifications wouldn't go in the top of the screen if there's no sync notification ? That'd be space eating in netbooks and laptops, imho.
Sure, here's a picture of what I'd like us to try:

Test positioning for Karmic notifications

This is not great, from an aesthetic perspective. But it solves a number of issues:

 - notifications won't occlude the tabs-and-search-and-title area that they currently do
 - syncronous ("feedback") notifications, which are always the same size, will always be in the same place
 - ... as will async notifications
 - ... which can grow downwards to a certain size without having to slide anywhere

Mark