[Ayatana] Middle-click on indicators

> > So I was wondering if it wouldn't be interesting for the
> > messaging menu to have a "clear" button of some sort,
> > which would remove all indicators at once.
>
> Left and right-click or taken, but perhaps middle-click on the icon
> could be offered as shortcut for this? That could be one of those things
> you have to know about, but that are great if you do.

I love this idea so much I will start a separate thread about it.

One of the most common complaints I currently hear about application
indicators is how they are killing one of conveniences of tray icons
in a lot of apps: the ability of hiding and unhiding apps via a
single click.

Perhaps it would be interesting to give indicators the ability of
associate a "quick action" to the middle click? Such action would
still be available as a normal menu item, but efficiency hungry
people would have middle-click as a shortcut.

For keyboard users, such action would be triggered by a special
combination. For example, normally we would use enter to open the
menu, but if he uses super+enter he triggers the quick action.