Re: [Ayatana] Middle-click on indicators

> No. Indicators are menus, they have left-click only. There are
> occasionally "hidden treasures" like the results of scroll-wheel on the
> sound indicator, but we're not going back to the complete anarchy of
> panel applets that randomly support different clicks and itneractions.

Such anarchy is not what I am proposing. I envision middle-click and
scrolling as *shortcuts*, as interactions that cannot be associated to
an exclusive action, but only to an action that is *also* available in
the menu.

Currently, this is the case for the scrollwheel in the indicator
applet: it can be interpreted as a shortcut for the slider. In fact,
I think this interpretation is better from a consistency point of
view than seeing it as "hidden treasure".

This restriction can be part of the specification and perhaps even
enforced in the library.