Re: [Ayatana] Making workspaces great (branched from "Farewell to the notification area")

> I think we should coordinate this with Gnome, and ask them whether
> they're going to do anything with that space in Gnome Shell. It would
> be stupid to design something awesome, then realise that Shell uses
> that space for a essential part of its functionality.

>From the current state, it seems G-S is using the middle space for
the clock. But let's not forget that G-S is being designed to
allow a quite good degree of customizability via runtime javascript
extensions, so being 100% in line with the upstream Gnome ideas,
while *recomended*, is not *absolutely necessary*.