Re: [Ayatana] Integrating Application Search & Install

Have you tried GNOME Do? ;)

But seriously, FAYT ("Find as you type") is a simple and powerful user
interface idea that we've been slow to adopt, and I would love to
explore these ideas further and find ways to improve Ubuntu with
find-as-you-type features.

Frederik, I don't see Application Search in my accessories menu, but
if you've found in there it should be very easy to place it in the
top-level applications menu. It would be a great project to improve
this dialog and merge it with the many different Open With... dialog
implementations to introduce FAYT to users.

David