Re: [Ayatana] Integrating Application Search & Install

Le lundi 26 avril 2010 à 09:36 +0100, David Siegel a écrit :
> But seriously, FAYT ("Find as you type") is a simple and powerful user
> interface idea that we've been slow to adopt, and I would love to
> explore these ideas further and find ways to improve Ubuntu with
> find-as-you-type features.

Well, with Gnome-Shell and Zeitgeist, it seems that this is the
direction Gnome is going anyway...

But the problem is, as much as I agree that FATY is simple and
powerful, it is also something kinda scary, because the average
user is primarily mouse-based and typing to interact using the
keyboards usually triggers a "OMG DIFFICULT COMMAND LINE!"
gag reflex in most of them.

We should also keep in mind that the average user is probably
a slow typist.