Re: [Ayatana] Refining the battery status menu

On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 17:36, Marc Deslauriers
<marc.deslauriers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-04-23 at 16:17 +0100, Matthew Paul Thomas wrote:
>> On the Canonical Design site, I've just posted about the design of
>> Ubuntu's battery status menu.
>> <http://design.canonical.com/2010/04/battery/>

very nice, can't wait to see it, give me a maverick alpha with it and
i'll be more than happy to test it.
i'm convinced, once you guys get more confident with implementing the
libindicator concept all over the top panel, upstream will pick it up
sooner, and we won't have to wait until 11.x

> I like it a lot, excellent work!
>
> If useful names for multiple batteries are not available, would it be
> possible for a user to click on a name and rename it? Or possible for an
> OEM to configure more meaningful names?

the dynamic nature of it makes it really smart! Ubuntu is coming to
life big-time ;)