Re: [Ayatana] Unexpected close functionality

If you're not actively using Rhythmbox but would like to continue
listening to music, just minimize it normally. It's silly to have a
second place to minimize to, because this creates additional mental
burden for users who would then need to ask "did I minimize it to the
window list, or to the little icon thing?" The only reason we
currently have minimize to system tray is because a very small group
of sophisticated users want Rhythmbox to sometimes launch minimized,
and to sometimes minimize without placing an entry in the window list.
This is highly specialized behavior that provides small convenience
for a small group of users, and great inconvenience for most users.

David