Re: [Ayatana] Unexpected close functionality

Op dinsdag 27-04-2010 om 08:27 uur [tijdzone -0400], schreef Marc
Deslauriers:
> On Tue, 2010-04-27 at 22:10 +1000, Jonathan Matthew wrote:
> > On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 9:17 PM, David Siegel
> > <david.siegel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > I witnessed this bug biting users many times over the 11 hours of user
> > > testing we conducted over the past couple weeks. User opens
> > > Rhythmbox... and it appears as if nothing has happened. Empathy
> > > sometimes has the same problem. Both of these issues have been
> > > reported as paper cuts for a while, but there is reluctance to change
> > > the behavior because upstream considers it a feature.
> >
> > Er.. pardon?  Where did I say that?
> >
> > The only reason I'm reluctant to change anything in this area is that
> > every time I do, people line up to yell at me about it.
> >
> > -jonathan
> > (rhythmbox maintainer)
>
> Although I don't do it myself, some people may choose to have
> rhythmbox open automatically with their session by using the options
> in System/Preferences/Startup Applications/Options. When this is done,
> it could be expected behaviour to have rhythmbox start in the
> notification area. This could explain the users lining up to
> scream. :)

A simple checkbox in the preferences "[X] Start up with the main window
hidden" should fix that use case.  I don't see a need why it should
remember the last state for that or any other use case (there might be
some, of course).

--
Jan Claeys