Re: [Ayatana] Windicators

On Tue, 2010-05-04 at 01:13 -0400, Alex Launi wrote:
> On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 1:09 AM, Luke Morton
> <luke.morton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>         I believe it would. It should, however, still be possible for
>         developers
>         to add resize handles using gtk.Window.begin_resize_drag.
>
> Yes, but it's crazy to ask every developer to implement resizing.
> That's why we have a window manager.

Agreed. Although currently developers have to explicitly add a resize
grip to a status bar (which they would have also had to have added). But
it would be nice to have a simple global solution, and the proposed work
that will need to be done to bring Windicators to life may provide a
neat solution.

> I don't think window resizing is really an issue, most themes have
> enough chrome around the window to grab for resizing anyway. Resizing
> the terminal, which has no status bar, is easy.

Ambiance has a 1px border on the left and right--I don't think that's
enough to negate the case for a resize grip. As to your example, I find
resizing the terminal to be particularly frustrating.