Re: [Ayatana] Windicators

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 3:13 PM, Benjamin Humphrey <humphreybc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Of course the simple fix is to just add in a few pixels of virtual,
> invisible grab space around the corner of the window.

That's going to mess with user's expectations when they click on a
black space and start resizing a window instead.

Can't we just use the existing window chrome to provide resize
borders? This /is/ what pretty much every other window manager /
operating system does on the planet.

> On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 7:12 PM, Benjamin Humphrey <humphreybc@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>>
>> Meant to send this to everyone but ended up sending it to Alex only:
>> Alex,
>> Ha! The theme I use, and the new default themes, certainly make it very
>> hard to resize windows. It appears there is only 1px x 1px grab area in
>> Lucid. There's a bug report somewhere that I was reading a few weeks ago...
>>
>> On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 6:54 PM, Gavin Langdon <puttabutta@xxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:

>>> The tiny border is EXTREMELY annoying on my laptop in particular, as I
>>> lack the dexterity of a mouse when using the nub or trackpad (also holding
>>> down alt and the middle key while dragging is way out of the question on a
>>> laptop). It generally takes me about 3 or 4 seconds to find the draggable
>>> edge (and that's a lot of time compared to the split-second process it is