Re: [Ayatana] Two suggested designs for the Sound Indicator

On 03/05/10 10:44, Alex Lourie wrote:

> Will only *running* applications be there? Then no muscle memory can
> be developed, as the list will be populated and re-sorted when new
> application runs; this will cause some applications change their
> location in the list.
>
> Alex.
>
> I don't agree. What if I have 10 applications that support sound
> settings? Will they all always appear in the list? That would be
> horrible user experience.

It would seem sensible to me that:

 - the default media player will be there, unless you say it shouldn't
 - other media players that you run, will put themselves there, unless
you say they shouldn't
 - they persist in the sound indicator, so you can continue playing
where you left off

Mark