Re: [Ayatana] Details on the netbook menu bar plan

On Sat, May 8, 2010 at 08:20, Mark Shuttleworth <mark@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

MPT posted details on the global menu challenges we face, on
design.canonical.com:

  http://design.canonical.com/2010/05/menu-bar/

If you haven't seen it, it's worth a read.

We expect to have a prototype implementation available next week, at
which point the race to get it all done by 10.10 begins! We'll need a
lot of help on this one - there are hundreds of apps to be checked and
tested, and no doubt a lot of code to be written too.

Mark

oh whow this is becoming the Bentley among netbook DEs!

thanks a lot, i'll be happy to test this as it arrives next week..
i'm getting fed up of tweaking gnome-panel ad absurdum..
thanks also for keeping us posted on the plans ;)