Re: [Ayatana] Combo Indicator Applets

The apps should always degrade to older / alternative behaviours. It's a
bug if they don't, and I'm sorry if the Empathy case was badly handled,
we should patch things up with upstream :-)

If the category indicator (sound indicator in this case) is not present,
then AppIndicators or the SysTray (till 11.04 on Ubuntu) are available
and should be used.

However, we want the default behaviour to be:

 - don't offer the ability to put it in either/both places
 - just have one "Put it on the panel" option, which either uses the
Sound Indicator or AppIndicator or Systray

Mark