Re: [Ayatana] Default to single click to open files and folders

On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 12:02, Remco <remco47@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 11:29, Alex Lourie <djay.il@gmail.com> wrote:
> So how would a simple selection be solved? If I want to select a file or a
> folder, I single-click on it.
> If this behavior changes, then A LOT of people will have to change their
> behavior.
> So if changing this hurts more people than helps, I'd say it requires a lot
> of thinking ahead.

I think single click should not be default, but there is one way of
improving single selection in that mode: put a checkbox before each
file and folder. This also makes it easier to do multi selection in
any mode.

KDE defaults to this in dolphin.
it also defaults to comfortable single click.