Re: [Ayatana] Default to single click to open files and folders

On 13 May 2010 14:08, Thorsten Wilms wrote:
> You would get rid of the pesky timing issue, but introduce state and
> still require 2 clicks for the most common action (if opening is not the
> most common action on files or folders, I would suggest something is
> going wrong).

There will be (short) sessions when opening is the most common action,
but then there are also sessions where selecting - for copying,
moving, renaming - is the most common action.

Actually I'd dare to say that the most frequent usage of the file
manager is the second one. The preferred way to open files and
applications in the modern desktop is through the top menus and
instant-search tools like Gnome-DO. So why should "open" supposed to
be the most common action? I don't think that assumption is true.