Re: [Ayatana] Evolution

Le lundi 17 mai 2010 à 09:23 -0700, Tyler Brainerd a écrit :
> Ok. I made a start actually through that original blog post with one
> dev, so I'll follow up there as well. Something he mentioned was that
> they don't really want to work on ubuntu only fixes, but just on what
> is useful elsewhere and upstream.

About the close-to-tray function: Geoff Goehle has been working on
a patch for this for a long time now. It's been a long and hard
road for him, but now he has a version that works very well and
even makes a ppa available.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/460483

If you want my personal opinion, though, every minute using Evo
convinces me more that it's just not worthy working on making
it fully compatible with Ayatana. It's not a matter of being
broken or not. I actually have a quite bug-free with it in
Karmic. But the multi-window philosophy is fundamentally
different.