Re: [Ayatana] Killing Menu Bars

Great mockup David!

However, my main fear with that is it sort of hides those options under a lot of layers. My goal is more then just getting rid of the menu bars, its getting rid of stupidly repetitive unnecessary commands from easily cluttering view while at the same time increasing functionality and visibility for commonly used options. In an app like calculator your mockup is great, and might be a good transition tool to use simultaneously with the altered versions from before (so that the full standard menu is still available) but I think with more complicated apps (i.e. evolution or firefox) its going to be to cluttered to put every single thing in one title bar drop down. Granted, many use small menu extensions in firefox, but still, theres things that users have never clicked and never will click.