[Ayatana] Killing Menu Bars

I know, I know, we just had an announcement about changing menu's over to global menu's for the UNE. But seriously, how necessary is 4 menus in the calculator application "gcalctool"? The only menu options that have anything to do with actual calculator options are under the view menu. The rest is silly and redundant.

I just wrote a fairly long blog post on my blog here, along with mockups and what not:
http://tjamesubuntu.blogspot.com/2010/05/re-thinking-desktop.html

about how silly most apps menu's are. I'm hoping that we can maybe pool some resources on looking at what is and what isn't necessary in default applications in Ubuntu, although I'm not under any impression that this will be something to be put directly in default Ubuntu. However, I do think it is the sort of mod that can gain traction similar to Nautilus-Elementary if we can get applications repackaged with cleaned up and optimized menus.