Re: [Ayatana] No "application bucket" needed

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 12:20, Mark Shuttleworth <mark@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
No. People understand logout and login to be a reset, and I think we mess with that at our peril.

There's an argument that people use close and restart as an "application restart". That can be invalidated (i think) by having a clear visual indication that the the window is tied to the indicator, and the "application" really lives in the indicator, and that the window is just an interface to it.

--
Jeremy Nickurak -= Email/XMPP: jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxx =-