Re: [Ayatana] Default to single click to open files and folders

Hello SABDFL ;)

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 12:28, Mark Shuttleworth <mark@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> We already have mechanisms for multiple selection, with dragging to
> lasso a set of icons, ctrl-click to select an arbitrary set, and
> shift-click to continue a selection along a list.

Of course we have keyboard shortcuts for all sorts of operations, but
can we also pull off  these operations when we're in a tablet or
touchpad mode?

> I don't see a need for the checkboxes at all.

This i can understand, since checkboxes are tiny and perhaps easy to
miss, using a touchpad.. I'd suggest make their <area> a reasonably
fault tolerant.

Could you elaborate a bit on why you believe that lasso-select would
suffice here?